I’ve always had a love of music, and seeing the African Diasporic commonalities in hip-hop culture encouraged me to research its circuitous flows across the Atlantic.
SIT Study Abroad and Spelman College Host Summit on Improving Access to Study Abroad for HBCU Students
SIT Study Abroad and Spelman College are hosting a summit this week focused on expanding access to high-impact study abroad opportunities for students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. The first-of-its-kind event will include representatives from the White House Initiative on HBCUs, the U.S. Department of State, HBCUs, and major foundations. The summit aims to […]
“São Paulo Be Like….” IHP-comparative program students create a video letter home about their experience.
Students on the IHP Cities in the 21st Century program reflect on their time in São Paulo, Brazil, the second of the four sites they’ll study in over the course of the program. During their four weeks in São Paulo between February and March, they explored issues such as water rights, housing disparities, transportation, as […]
Subscribe via Email
- SIT Alumnae Join Forces to Help Ugandan Children
- South Africa Alumna Reflects on Power and Privilege in Research
- Finding Connection in South Africa
- Announcing the winners of SIT’s 2016 photo contest!
- Conducting research abroad—with SIT and beyond
- Exploring National Identity and the Arts on a New Excursion to Myanmar
- Grant Expands Journalism Opportunities
- Ecuador Alumna Meets Jane Goodall
- Inside the Living Waterfall: Research in the Yuanyang Terraces
- Panama Alumna Awarded Alice Rowan Swanson Fellowship